Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I'm Totally Going to Be in Trouble with the Man Upstairs...

. . . But it's got to be said:  Angels are jerks.  I have a lot of evidence for this theory.  Pretty much everywhere I turn, I see a Jerk Angel.
Doctor Who:

The charges:  Angels that eat your life and send you into the past to die in obscurity without Facebook in bad history clothes.

Via
Verdict?  Toothy Jerks That Needs a Manicure.


Supernatural:

The charges:  Angels that call you "maggot," beat you up a lot, only need you for your "meat suit," and are pro-apocolypse.

Via
Verdict?  Cataclysmic Jerks.


Collections:

The charges:  Congregating (pun absolutely intended) in groups of seemingly-benign-but-actually-super-creepy flocks/hosts/flights.  Generally found in a "TV room."  Very judgmental.  Sometimes look stoned, or like they eat children.


Via

Verdict?  Creepy Stare-y Jerks.


Look, I don't really have a problem with angels--in the same way I don't have a problem with most people.  By all means, go about you business, oh winged one.  Just stay away from me.  And don't go all "watching over me," either.  Because I mostly don't wear pants.  And I definitely don't want to talk to one.  I want niether the "awe and terror" they they always seem to inspire, nor the explanations that will inevitably follow and land me in a nuthouse.  You know Mary didn't have an easy time saying, "Hey, Joe, I've got the Big Guy's bun in the oven.  No, not that biker from the bar last month, the Big Guy Upstairs.  It's a, you know, miracle?"


(True:  Seriously, angel tree-toppers give me the heebies.  Something about the blank eyes...  Worse even than porcelain dolls.)

4 comments:

  1. You make me laugh! How about the angel in It's A Wonderful Life? He was cool, if a little strange. By the way, do you read the Bloggess? Did you see the link to the Angel costume someone made for DragonCon? (I hope I'm remembering correctly and it WAS the Bloggess ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the Bloggess, and of course. I firmly believe that if you don't read the Bloggess, you aren't interneting correctly. :) (And that costume is absolutely amazing.)

      You know, the angel in that movie was pretty cool, now that I think about it.

      Delete
  2. Ugh, weeping angels scare the bejezus out of me. Don't blink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, me too! And they don't even REALLY kill you!

      Delete