Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Things I've Done

I am back in a totally non-zombie way.  Things got... a bit crazy for a while there.  Let's take a look at my itinerary from the last six weeks or so, shall we?

  • Thanksgiving:  The Dude met My Sister the Lawyer, and no one died.  Mostly importantly, me.
  • The Dude proved himself to be the worst friend ever, but his friend did specifically request a roasting.
  • My company Christmas party.  Open bar.
  • The Hobbit:  Desolation of Smaug!  Followed by beer.
  • Christmas party with the Dude's enormous Irish family.  Open bar.
  • Christmas #1, with the Dude's mom.
  • Christmas #2, with my family (Sandwiched by Christmas Eve and Christmas #3 for the Dude.
  • Hangover.
  • Light show at the arboretum
  • New Year's Eve pajama party.  With beer.
  • Hangover.
  • Inventory at work (yay!...).  Followed by beer.
  • Lunch (and beer) with friends
  • Computer-building with beer.
  • Karaoke!  Beer-fueled karaoke!
  • Hangover.
  • Board game party.  (No beer--recovery.)
  • Frozen!
Honestly, I think I'm forgetting about half the things we squeezed in.  Some of it is probably lost in a semi-drunken haze.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I missed you while I was away.  But beer!


(True:  I actually don't drink a lot.  Partially because drunk me is an exact replica of the worst B-actress's portrayal of badly-written drunkenness--who actually slurs?--but mostly because I've never found drink and fun to be mutually inclusive.  I think some of the Dude's friends think I'm a teetotaler.)

No comments:

Post a Comment