Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Another Not-Real Post You'll Still Really Want To Read

Look, I know, I know.  I'm the worst blogger ever to not-really-blog.  But I'm working through my lunch (except for these few minutes, obviously, but I can totally type this up faster than I could pee.  Which actually, I just realized I need to do, too.) so you'll just have to deal with it.

Anyhoo...  here's some content from other, better internet places.

Click here to embiggen.
I'm that horrible, unforgiveable person who doesn't RSVP.  Ever.  I mean, I've never RSVPed to anything.  But this one...  No, I wouldn't RSVP to this one, either.  But I would put it on my refrigerator.  As a side note, "please RSVP" is redundant.  The VSP bit means si vous plait, which means please.  Your asking your guests to "please respond please."  And if they're anything like me, they still won't.  Because they're assholes.  Or just forgetful.  (Those two aren't mutually exclusive.)



While this post is quite aleatory, and I feel a measure of huzun, it's not because I'm a noceur.  Though you could accurately describe me as frowzy, wifty, aspectabund, and in a near-constant state of fernweh.  If you too, "suffer" from logolepsy and desire a verbal smultronstalle, you'll love Otherwordly.



You know what's cool?  When little girls dress like superheroes.  You know what's even cooler?

Via
When an artist takes these heroes seriously, and makes them come alive in awesome 2D.


(True:  I really need to know what awesome Internet thing have you stumbled across recently.)

5 comments:

  1. Well, you already know what awesome internet thing I stumbled across recently. I miss you, by the way. Can we get together this summer? Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I suppose. It HAS been a while since I've had good barbeque. ;)

      Delete
  2. Hey, I know what huzun means, because I've studied a little Turkish. The rest of those fancy words, I'd have to look up.

    Have you seen the cover of David Bowie's "Space Oddity" from a real astronaut on the International Space Station? It's probably the first music video made in space.

    Linky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDChKgoETo0

    Besides 5LBU, I think that is the coolest thing I've stumbled across in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, with all the ten-dollar words, that paragraph is like Scrooge McDuck's diving stash.

      I've heard about that video, but I haven't had a chance to check it out. Mostly because I keep remembering I need to see it when I'm at work. And YouTube is disabled at work. It's a tough life, man.

      Delete
    2. Another first world problem, like Mayor Gia recently wrote about.

      Delete