I'm sorry, I just can't help myself.
I was up an hour and a half early to get ready yesterday morning--my office does Halloween in a BIG way. (As in, participate or else.)
|Your humble narrator and a coworker with a secret identity|
After a full, twelve hour day in this ridiculous getup, I had a few thoughts...
1. No one got it, and that's okay. Not everyone is familiar is familiar with Roy Lichtenstein, 1960's pop artist.
2. Better be confident anyway, if you're going to wear this type of costume--I can't even tell you how many chicken pox/acne/herpes comments I got.
3. Wigs are itchy and best worn to bars. Alcohol dulls the crazy urge to scratch.
4. The expensive facepaint was worth it--it actually dried. When I finally washed it off, the only issues were that the paint had melted away under the nosepiece of my glasses, and I had smile cracks on either side of my mouth.
5. Go easy on the painted eyebrows. Overdo it and you'll look a little like a drag queen.
6. I would make a damn fine-looking drag queen.
(True: I'm already plotting for next Halloween. Is that sad?)