Monday, February 6, 2012

Well, That Was a Disappointment.

I don't know about you folks, but where I'm from, the Super Bowl is a holiday.  A real one, not like Sweetest Day or Presidents Day.  There's pomp.  There's circumstance.  There's booze.  Criteria met.  We take our celebrations seriously.  Yesterday, the Super Bowl powers that be let me down.

The football itself was pretty great.  That two point conversion there at the end?  Who called that?  And then, the dog pile of muscular men in lycra trampling all over each other in the endzone for the game-making (or not) last play?  Pretty fun stuff.

But the Giants' Super Bowl hats looked really, really dumb.  And that's only the beginning of my disappointments.

First, the commercials.  Aren't Super Bowl commercials supposed to be stupendous?  Or at least entertaining?  Babies tried to sell me stuff, a woman in lingerie tried to sell me flowers and a car, and Danica Patrick was naked.  So, you know, the usual.  (The dog commercials were cute.  I'm sure you're shocked by that.  I've decided I need to teach Prada how to fetch beer.)

And then there was the half-time show.  I had a difficult time paying attention, I'll admit.  I kept thinking, Do those thigh-high boots Madonna is wearing have orthopedic insoles? And, Oooh, that move looked like it hurt.  I'm pretty sure one of her guests flipped everybody off, but I'm not certain if that was Nicky Minaj or LMFAO.  I mean, all of them had crazy-person hair and too-tight clothes; it's hard to tell which is which.


(True:  Aaron Rodgers looks great in a suit.)



Mya doesn't mind football, but she could really use a person to watch it with.

4 comments:

  1. Doesn't sound like I missed much -- phew! Oh who am I kidding, I never watch football. Not even the muscular guys in lycra have persuaded me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the reasons I like going to minor league baseball games: Tight pants, young men, cheap beer.

      Delete
  2. Oooh! Cheap beer! Tight pants are okay but cheap beer rocks! Now if I could just get Hubs interested in watching sports.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's this bar near my hometown where a half-pint is fifty cents. It's awesome.

      Delete