Friday, August 10, 2012

Spot and Dot Meet the World

I tried to look nice today, I really did.  I even went for professional instead of post-college slob.  Black dress pants, summer-weight sleeveless gold sweater with a deep v-neck, black cami.  (This ensemble is not as 1987 or pimp as it sounds.)  I broke out real shoes for once, instead of slipping on the stand-by flipflops.

I just went to the restroom and looked at myself in the mirror for the first time today.

Note to self:  This cami is only mostly opaque.  So next time, don't wear it with the polka-dot bra.


(True:  I only realized this after the ten-minute conversation with head honchoman.  Super.)

10 comments:

  1. LOL! That's priceless Dana! No, I'm not laughing at you; I'm imagining doing something similar. If I had a polka dot bra. I've worn my black one under a light-colored tee though. While it's not exactly the same it's still embarassing to see it in the mirror when you think you look okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me in a nutshell: well put-together, as long as you don't look too closely. Please don't look too closely. :)

      Delete
  2. You're young. Claim it's a new trend, then seed the Internet with thousands of pictures of similarly attired young professionals.

    You can do that, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. Maybe I should take a photo and put it on Pinterest...

      Delete
  3. Lmao! Totally been there before! Love, sis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be a pretty universal experience. :)

      Delete
  4. Aw Dana, I miss you. I did that once with a white bra under a blue shirt at cosmic bowling. The shirt was thin enough for my entire bra to glow through it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Insert "headlights" pun here.)

      Delete
    2. Very clever. This is why you have the blog, I didn't even think of that.

      Delete