Friday, August 17, 2012

I'm like a superhero. Only without the alter-ego. Or the spandex. Or the powers. Or the thigh-high boots. Forget it. I'm just awesome, okay?

Things I accomplished yesterday:

  • Plowed through a mountain of tasks at work while actually managing to look semi-professional.
  • Blogged like a boss.
  • Walked to the supermarket, thereby reducing my carbon footprint.
  • Did laundry and cooked dinner (with extra for freezing) and washed dishes, like a motherfucking domestic goddess.
  • Walked the dog, training for polite sitting at stops.
  • Ate dinner--with a real plate and fork.
  • Socialized:  Beer, dart league, cool people.  Like Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City.  But with beer, dart league, and cool people.
  • Read fifty pages of a new book, edifying myself on manner subtleties of the 1860s.
Or, in other words I rocked the shit out of yesterday in all matters professional, domestic, social, and intellectual. Carpe that diem, Horace.

Via

BOOM.


(True:  Of course, the rest of the phrase, quam minimum credula postero, means "putting as little trust as possible in the future", so no promises that today has been anywhere near as efficient...)

2 comments:

  1. Still playing catch-up with my blog reading. I LOVE THIS POST! You are awesome in my book! :D

    ReplyDelete