Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hops in the Right Direction: Worth It

Every person I've ever spoken to who has adopted a special needs pet has never regetted it.  I have never once heard, "I love my pet, but if I had the chance to do it over again, I'd get a different one because it's just not worth it."

Because it is.

Owning any pet is good for your health, but there is something special about special dogs.  Something in how much they love you that makes you think, "How could someone not love you back?"  Something in how much they love life that makes you think, "How could someone think you aren't as deserving?"  Something in how plain old happy they are, even though they face something that we might let ruin our life, if it were us instead, and it's an inspiration.

Today is Change a Pet's Life Day, but the truth is, pets change our lives for the better.

So go ahead.  Be selfish.  Adopt.

No comments:

Post a Comment