I was nominated by Brian R Christensen of Unintimidated by Convention. He's awesome, and not just because he thinks I'm cool. He posts on everyday kinds of things in a fresh, funny way, like in this post, which is one of my favorites but makes me feel weird in public bathrooms.
Here's how it works. When you get the Versatile Blogger, you're supposed to do the following:
1) Nominate 15 other bloggers
2) Inform them of the nomination
3) Share 7 random things about yourself
4) Thank the blogger who nominated you; and
5) Add the Versatile Blogger logo to your post
So, without further ado:
Fifteen nominations? Really? I hardly even know that many people, and most of those that blog are, you know, cooler than me and already have tons of awards and books deals and metal chickens and things. But I've got a few undiscovered gems to reveal...
Gem A: seabeegirl Are you familiar with her? You should be. She talks about everything from music and art to Lord of the Rings and video games--she's interested in everything, it seems.
Gem B: When Curiosity Met Insanity Bri_chan and zippitydodah27 are two extremely talented artists and storytellers who have made me snort snot out of my nose because I'm laughing harder than is safe. Truth is, they're big-time, but everybody should know them.
Gem C: blatherbybubbe is everything you could want from a blogger: She is entertaining and insightful; she hones things down to what I would miss amongst all the drama. Basically, she's one of the coolest bubbes I know, and you probably should know her, too.
Also a Gem, but not a blog I'm nominating because I'm pretty sure the blogger wouldn't take the award seriously coming from me, but hey, this is my big opportunity to talk up blogs I like: benforceblog.com He's smart, he has great taste, knows a lot about sports and watches some fairly terrible movies. Show him some love.
Now I've got to go let all these gemmies how much I lurv them....
Okay I'm back.
Prepare yourself for...
Seven Random Things
1. I have a birthmark on my neck that looks like a hickey. That is unfortunate.
2. I have some weird food allergies. Diet soda makes me lose time, and ice cream makes me drunk.
3. As a kid, I had a neighbor whose name was Mr. Bus. He drove the bus.
4. You know how when you read a fortune cookie fortune and add "in bed" at the end, it becomes funnier? My grandma taught me that.
5. I sometimes dream entirely in green.
6. I was that lucky little girl every little girl wants to be. I had a pony. She could open doors and was a foster mom to many kittens. The kittens grew up very confused.
7. There is a museum near my hometown that showcases a four-legged quail and a two-headed piglet. This museum was a regular feature of school field trips.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Brian, for the nomination. I am so honored.
Willow and Sammy are gemmies as well, but maybe you could tell them that yourself.